Scandinavian Shipping & Logistics makes major investment – becomes new main owner in CR Cargo International
Scandinavian Shipping & Logistics increases their transport supply within Eastern Europe, Central Asia and the Middle East by buying the forwarding company CR Cargo International.
– Through this acquisition we become stronger on road transport to countries that can be very complicated to deliver to, says Björn Eklund, owner of Scandinavian Shipping & Logistics.
A year ago, 2018, Scandinavian Shipping & Logistics also acquired Unitrans. Together with the new acquisition CR Cargo International, the companies have an annual turnover of nearly 50 million Euro.
– The acquisitions are good investments, where the three companies form a greater unit together. We have a long-term perspective and are investing in a sustainable journey of growth, taking both the personnel and the business in consideration, says Björn Eklund.
Flexible solutions for the customers
CR Cargo International will be run as an independent entity where Jim Unbeck will continue as CEO. The companies will cooperate and offer a mutual product portfolio, which will generate larger opportunities to more flexible solutions for the customers.
– We operate in complex markets, which demands a high knowledge level on documentation and local bureaucracy. We have cutting-edge expertise on vehicle transports to Eastern Europe and Russia, while Scandinavian Shipping & Logistics is especially strong on sea-, project- and rail transports. We complement each other and have the right basis to grow together, says Jim Unbeck.
The businesses are operated from Sweden, Finland and Lithuania and the number of employees is approximately 50 people. All employees will keep their positions in the individual companies.
– The company structure is now large enough to attract, keep and develop our employees further. It will make it easier for us to grow our business in more countries, if that will be the strategy we’ll set for the coming years, says Björn Eklund, owner of Scandinavian Shipping & Logistics.
- For high resolution pictures: http://news.cision.com/se/scandinavian-shipping—logistics
- Press contact: Maria Eklund, Head of marketing, +46 (0) 709 72 99 77, firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an independent logistics service provider based in Sweden. Together with an extensive network of partners and agents around the world, Scandinavian Shipping & Logistics offers a comprehensive range of logistical solutions. The company is owned by the Swedish company BEG Holding and the German shipping group Menzell Döhle.