Our website utilizes cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer. A cookie can be either session-based or stored over a longer period of time. Session based cookies disappear when the browser shuts down, while stored cookies is saved for you as a visitor to be able to use all functionalities on our website. For example, it may be that language choices or other preferences are saved to make it easier for you during your next visit. We also use so-called third-party cookies to measure the number of visitors and the amount of traffic on the website.
You can actively choose to disable the ability for us to store cookies on your computer and delete cookies that has been stored from earlier visits. This can be achieved by disallow cookies on your browser – information on how to disallow cookies can be found through your browser’s ‘Help’ function.
Our website contain content and sharing tools from third-party actors such as Facebook and LinkedIn. These parties might in turn employ cookies on our website to collected certain user information. We do not have access to and cannot control these third-party cookies or the personal data that might be collected through these cookies. Should you have any questions and concerns regarding the information that is collected by these third-party actors, please contact them directly to get more information about how these third-party manage cookies, what information they collect, and how you can delete and block these cookies.
Personal Data is information that individually or in combination with other information can be used to identify you as a user as a natural now-living person. Example of such data is: your name, email address, home address, and phone number.
We only process personal data that is actively provided to us. For example, should you send us an email or sign up for a newsletter or similar we will manage your personal data in accordance to the purpose it was provided. Meaning that if you have signed up to receive newsletters your personal data will be managed for in the scope of our marketing process.
The personal data that we process might, if required to fulfil our commitments and/or contractual agreements with you, be disclosed to our partners.
You, as Data Subject, have the right to be informed about what personal data CR Cargo holds about you and you have also the right to have any erroneous personal data corrected and/or deleted in our systems.
CR Cargo is the controller of the personal data. For inquiries regarding the processing of personal data, please contact email@example.com.
We process your personal data within the framework of applicable Swedish and European privacy and data protection laws and regulations. Personal data is only collected when it is necessary to perform our services, when required by contractual agreements between you and CR Cargo, and when we are obliged doing so by applicable laws and regulations. For our foreign subsidiaries, the privacy laws of the country in which the legal entity is established/operates, and applicable EU regulations will apply. All processing of personal data requires legal basis or a contractual agreement that makes processing of certain personal data necessary. We will always make sure to ask you for consent before processing your personal data.
Our primary purpose for processing personal data is to be able to fulfil the commitments and agreements made between our customers/clients, but we might also collect information about you who is not yet a client to CR Cargo International AB but would like to be contacted by us. We also process personal data to the extent that applicable laws and regulations requires or permits, or where you have authorized the processing.
Personal Data That We Process:
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Personal security number
- Working area
- Job position
- Employer / Company
Disclosures of Personal Data to Third Parties
When statutory disclosure of personal data is required by public authorities, the relevant personal data will be forwarded in accordance with the requirements of the applicable authority.
Relevant personal data might also be disclosed to companies/organizations with which we cooperate, both within and outside the EU and EEA area. However, your personal data will only be disclosed to third parties when necessary to execute on services and fulfil contractual agreements between you and CR Cargo International AB. To ensure that your rights are protected, your personal data will under no circumstances be transferred to any third party if it is not required to perform our services or fulfil the contractual agreements between you and CR Cargo International AB. When transferring personal data to non-EU/EEA countries that the European Commission has not approved, we will always ensure that the recipient guarantees that the personal data is processed and safeguarded in accordance with EU’s standard transfer agreement to third countries transfer.
Customer Relations / Marketing
You might receive marketing emails and online newsletters about our services within the categories of services we have a relationship with you. If so, your name and contact information is processed.
We will not send you any marketing information about services outside the service area we have a customer relationship with you without your explicit or written consent.
You will always have the possibility to withdraw your consent to receive newsletters and marketing information. You can do this through email and/or SMS. However, should you withdraw your consent to receive direct marketing and/or newsletters you will still receive other information within the scope of your customer relationship with CR Cargo, e.g. delivery status etc.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
Below you can learn about your rights under the GDPR:
- You have the right to be informed about what personal data that CR Cargo International AB is performing. We have collected all our processing activities in a ‘Record of Processing Activities’. The record shows e.g. the personal data that is processed, the purpose of the processing, the legal basis for processing the data, and the for how long we store the personal data in our systems (the retention period).
- You have the right to request access to the personal data CR Cargo International AB holds about you and for what purposes it is processed.
- You have the right to request rectification if we have erroneous personal data about you in our systems.
- You have the right to request erasure of your personal data under the following conditions:
- The personal data is no longer required for the purpose it was collected.
- You have previously given your consent to process certain personal data, but you have chosen to withdraw your consent.
- The processing of your personal data is based on a legitimate interest but the reason for processing it does not outweigh your personal interests.
- If your personal data have been unlawfully processed.
- If you object to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- However, the right to erasure does not apply if CR Cargo International AB is required by other superior laws – e.g. accounting laws – to retain the information.
- You have the right to request a copy of your data in a machine-readable format (right to data portability) provided that the legal basis for processing the data is based on consent and/or a contractual agreement. The data that you can obtain under this right is personal data that you yourself has provided and/or is generated by your actions/activities.
- You have the right to request restriction of processing of your personal data. However, you are not entitled to exercise this right if the processing is required to fulfil our services and/or contractual agreements between you and CR Cargo International AB
- You have the right to file a complaint to the applicable supervisory authorities (Datainspektionen in Sweden) if you consider that your personal data is being unlawfully processed.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights outlined above, please contact our customer services: +46 (0) 36 – 71 70 60 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your personal data is only retained in our systems/files for as long as the data is needed within the scope and purpose of the processing activity it was collected. To comply with other regulatory requirements or monitor the legal interests of CR Cargo International AB in case of a legal process, we might keep certain personal data longer, but only if necessary.
Questions & Complaints
Please contact us, should you have any questions or concerns about how we collect and process personal data, or believe that we do not meet our obligations to you regarding how we process your personal data. You also have the right to file a complaint to the Swedish authority for data protection (Datainspectionen) if you believe that your personal data have been wrongfully collected or processed.
CR Cargo International AB (Corporate identity number 556975-6645)
553 02 Jönköping, Sweden